Technical Writing/Editing/Content Management/Blogging
About MeI have a meticulous eye for detail, the skills to explain concepts and processes in simple terms and the ability to help people see how the parts fit into the whole. I am always up for new challenges and will play an important role in how your products and services are received and consumed.
- 10+ years’ of experience in writing and editing technical documents, including user and installation guides, help files, software release notes, newsletters, presentations, proposals for documentation, training material, wiki docs, SOPs, API docs, CMS, web content and social media.
- Experience in technologies and industries ranging from Database, Banking, ATM and POS management solutions, Telecommunication, IT and Manufacturing automation
- Created documents for some of the reputed clients like Cisco, Panasonic Factory Solutions of America, HP and Wells Fargo.
- Helped bring in more documentation projects for RSystems. Served as a primary contact with the client Panasonic Factory Solutions of America’s Technical Writing project and provided detailed, consistent reports, feedback and documentation solutions to the management.
- Excellent at collaborating with subject-matter experts (SMEs), engineering and product teams in numerous geographical locations to gather information, identify relevant data and audiences, and deliver high-quality documents as per DDLC.
- Excellent at presenting raw, complex and unstructured data in a clear and user-friendly manner for the target audience.
- Successfully investigated, scheduled, and assigned the incidents to documentation team for new releases, updates, and bug fixes as per the bug tracking lifecycle process in an agile environment.
- Tested GUI-based applications to find user-impacting issues and bugs and suggested areas for improvement.
- Worn the hats of a team member, editor, reviewer, project leader, mentor, and also an individual contributor.
- A quick learner with excellent verbal and written communication skills and with an ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
2007 – 2008
IIM, Calcutta, India
B.S. in Electrical Engineering
1997 – 2001
Nagpur University, India
Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Worked with the WebEx Database team and collaborating with Project Manager, DBA administrators, Engineers, SOC (Security Operations Center) and teams in China and India to extract information, identify relevant data and write documents that are crisp and easy to understand for the technical community.
- Built a new innovative internal wiki site using Confluence (as a Collaboration platform and as CMS) to provide support for the DBA teams across different locations.
- Presented the new wiki site to the entire DBA team and helped optimize the existing process of updating the wiki. Created a complete user guide on how to use it.
- Created SOPs, a variety of process and architectural documentation for internal use, including, but not limited to, Meeting Service, RMAN backup, Database Upgrade and Patching.
- Created documents for a Cisco client and internal developers for a new project which gave API service to any authorized client application. The RESTful APIs used token-based authentication to send a required response as per SiteId, Timestamp etc.
Tools: Confluence Wiki, MS Word 2017, Visio 2017, Snipping Tool, Powerpoint
Art for Evolution
Writer and Collaborator
Art for Evolution, is a nonprofit charitable organization founded in 2013 in Miami, FL whose goal is to preserve the environment by compensating the impact of human activity through Participatory Art.
- Creating Blog Posts for the organization’s website as per the requirements.
- Created a template for Letter of Intent which would be used for each project of the organization.
Content Writer – Public Relations
- Created Toastmasters Flyers for distribution and marketing.
- Increased awareness of Toastmasters through local news and social media.
- Responsible for updating content on the Toastmasters website.
- Responsible for developing and directing publicity programs that inform individual members and others outside the club about Toastmasters.
- Hosted International Speech Contests for the local chapter.
- Created and edited documents, presentations and user guide materials for products and developers.
- Reviewed published content and revised scope, format and content if needed.
- Authored articles, charts, essays, proposals, and reports. Edited and proofread all kinds of articles, fiction, and non-fiction.
Client: Panasonic Factory Solutions of America
- Created new software documentation for the Throughput Analysis Tool and RF Scanner and updated the existing documentation for PanaPRO IPO and the web-based applications like ePlantView and Process Manager for Panasonic Factory Solutions of America.
- Responsible for creating and updating Manuals, Online Helps (WinHelp, HTML Help, Chm and Web help), Newsletters, Readmes, Bulletins, and Release Notes vis-à-vis changes in product lines which were released every 15 days.
- Coordinated with the client for all team meetings and release schedules in all the stages of DDLC.
- Proactively created documentation incidents for help manual and release notes in Visual Intercept tracking tool by monitoring developer and tester incidents for new releases, updates and bug fixes.
- Managed and reviewed the work of 4 team members.
- Coordinated with software programmers, computer hardware engineers, and testing teams to get documentation inputs and conducted research through personal observations to get an in-depth understanding of the product.
- Attended knowledge transfer sessions and gave training to co-workers.
- Created manual and help file for the in-house tool created to automate the Integrated Product Lifecycle Management (iPLM) processes.
Client: Hewlett Packard
ESQ Management Solutions India Pvt Ltd.
Sr. Technical Writer
- Created Installation & User guides, Help Files and Briefs of new products based on ATM and POS transaction management.
- Updated Installation guides, User guides, Concepts and Troubleshooting Guides vis-à-vis changes in products.
- Developed a company style guide for user documentation.
- Prepared training materials, company’s marketing brochures and presentation materials.
- Coordinated with software programmers and QA team to get technical information for products.
- Tested certain GUI-based applications.
Clients: Wells Fargo, HCL, Bharti Telecom
Writelines (India) Ltd.
- Created Installation & Programmer’s guide, User & Training manuals, Help files and API Reference manual for banking, telecommunication and IT clients.
- Updated manuals for their compliance with the editing standards and reviewed them for adherence to template and style issues.
- Led efforts to convert six manuals from MS Word to FrameMaker and succeeded in redesigning them in the new authoring tool.
Active member of Toastmaster International
Microsoft Office Suite
Adobe Acrobat Professional
Help and Manual Tool