I have a meticulous eye for detail, the skills to explain concepts and processes in simple terms and the ability to help people see how the parts fit into the whole. I am always up for new challenges and will play an important role in how your products and services are received and consumed.
- Experience in writing and editing technical documents, including user and installation guides, help files, software release notes, newsletters, presentations, proposals for documentation and web content.
- Experience in technologies and industries ranging from Banking, ATM and POS management solutions, Telecommunication, IT and Manufacturing automation
- Excellent reputation with client and helped bringing more documentation projects for R Systems. Served as a primary contact with the Panasonic Factory Solutions of America’s Technical Writing project in the company.
- Excellent at working with subject-matter experts (SMEs) and product teams in numerous geographical locations to gather information, identify relevant data and audiences, and write documents that are clear and user friendly for a non-technical audience.
- Worn the hats of a team member, editor, reviewer, project leader, mentor, and also an individual contributor.
- A quick learner with excellent verbal and written communication skills and with an ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
2007 - 2008
1997 – 2001
Volunteering as “Vice President Public Relations”
- Responsible for updating content on the Toastmasters website.
- Responsible for developing and directing publicity programs that inform individual members and others outside the club about Toastmasters.
- Increased awareness of Toastmasters through local news and social media.
- Created Toastmasters Flyer for distribution and marketing.
Tools: Microsoft Word 2013, Adobe Spark, Ms Paint, Adobe Acrobat X Pro, Snagit, FreeToastHost Web Hosting
- Created new software documentations for the Throughput Analysis Tool and RF Scanner and updated the existing documentation for the web-based applications like PanaPRO IPO, ePlantView and Process Manager for Panasonic Factory Solutions of America.
- Responsible for creating and updating Manuals, Online Helps (WinHelp, HTML Help, Chm and Web help), Training Materials, Newsletters, Readmes, Bulletins, and Release Notes vis-à-vis changes in products.
- Coordinated with the client for all team meetings and release schedules.
- Managed and reviewed the work of 4 team members.
- Coordinated with software programmers and QA team to get documentation inputs.
- Attended knowledge transfer sessions and gave training to co-workers.
- Created manual and help file for the in-house tool created to automate the Integrated Product Lifecycle Management (iPLM) processes.
- Multiple interactions with business teams for product knowledge at onsite Chicago.
Tools: Microsoft Word, RoboHelp X5, Adobe Acrobat, Snagit, Visio, Powerpoint
Sr. Technical Writer
- Created Installation & User guides, Help Files and Briefs of new products based on ATM and POS transaction management.
- Succeeded in improving quality, readability and user-friendliness of technical manuals and help-files for multiple target audiences.
- Carried out updation of Installation guides, User guides, Concepts and Troubleshooting Guides vis-à-vis changes in products.
- Developed a company style guide for user documentation.
- Prepared training materials for the products developed.
- Prepared company’s marketing brochures and presentation materials.
- Coordinated with software programmers and QA team to get technical information for products.
- Carried out the testing of certain GUI-based applications.
Tools: Microsoft Word, RoboHelp X5, Adobe Acrobat, Visio, Powerpoint
- Created Installation & Programmer’s guide, User & Training manuals, Help files and API Reference manual for banking, telecommunication and IT clients.
- Led efforts to convert six manuals from MS Word to FrameMaker and succeeded in redesigning them in the new authoring tool.
- Carried out updation of manuals for their compliance with the editing standards and reviewed them for adherence to template and style issues.
Tools: Microsoft Word, Adobe Framemaker, Adobe Acrobat